Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Talking about Peaches...

“You can be the ripest, juiciest peach in the world, and there's still going to be somebody who hates peaches.”




Social Media has become such a big part of our daily life and more and more frequently I see people being involved and getting aggravated over "internet drama"; I often look from afar and wonder why people (usually younger) worry so much about what others have to say about them; of course we should not live in denial, but more often than not, it's hard to convince people who don't know us on a personal level to like us.
Growing up I was really skinny...REALLY- really skinny; kids at school would make fun of me but that was never a problem, seriously...it wasn't.  I'm not traumatized by that or scarred for life; I took it lightly and kept going.


The opinion of my real friends was what I always cared about, and up to this day, what counts.  

I always hung out with the 'good girls', the best students-top of the class; school work was always more important to me than petty drama. That decision paid off, those real friends have stuck with me through thick and thin through out the years and most of my friendships are as old as I am...and I'm old! trust me!

People who don't know you will always form their opinions based on what they've heard about you or by the way you looked or acted on a certain day. Unless my CLOSE friends and FAMILY have concerns about my decisions or my mental health or my physical well being -negative things others have to say about me-simply DON'T matter...at all.
My skin is as thick as a concrete block when it comes to that.  I simply brush it off with my typical: "meh...who cares?"



“You can be the ripest, juiciest peach in the world, and there's still going to be somebody who hates peaches.”

There's always going to be someone forming mislead opinions about you, not matter how much you try, not matter how nice and how beautiful you are, there will always going to be someone throughout your life who won't like you and there's nothing that you can do other than NOT letting that affect you.

Rather than wasting energy and being upset over nasty online comments or silly gossip I choose to use my energy on something positive and productive, such as baking, cuddling with my cat and enjoying time with my real friends and family.

I never lose sleep over nasty comments...those whose opinion I care about- know me, and know who I really am, and that's all that counts.

The other day I posted a picture of my new Ady Cakes location on Facebook, lots of my followers and friends were happy to see me succeed- but then there was the 'Peach Hater', whom I am going to refer as "Vincent" (because that's actually his name-ha!).  "Vincent" went on to write on MY page how I 'so soon' was opening a second location, how I was overcharging "stupid" customers and on and on...I was encouraged by other people to delete the comment, but I decided not too! it's a free world and everybody has the right to say whatever they want, and mostly because "Vincent" was just making a fool of himself in front of my 10,500+ fans. I actually LAUGHED at "Vincent"...you poor "Vincent"...like I said before: I eat "Vincents for breakfast"-the older I get the easier I can handle this type of people, they don't intimidate me, they don't scare me...BRING. IT. ON.


People like "Vincent" take time of their day to try to ruin people's happiness, but the thing is: "Vincent" doesn't know me...at all...so why would I be upset about his opinion?

"Vincent" doesn't know I've been in business for SEVEN YEARS, that opening a second locations didn't just happened, he doesn't know I worked 3 jobs for TWELVE YEARS, he doesn't know I work SEVEN DAYS a week...12-15hrs a day!


I have a strong circle of friends whose opinions I value, opinions of all the "Vincents" of the world will always be irrelevant to me, I brush them off, 'water off a duck's back'!


Don't let negativity and drama cloud your day, be a Peach...a juicy Peach.

Much love,
Ady



 

2 comments:

  1. You know what I say- so what!? who care?! Until the Vincents of the world are paying my bills, I could care less what they think. All that negative energy is nothing short of wasted time. I say peace out Vincent- go have a peach or not...LOL!!!! GO ADY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love peaches and you seem like a good one. <3

    ReplyDelete